Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm writing this while I'm watching McCain concede

Barack Obama will be the 44th president of the United States. It is still not clear how big the margin of victory will be, but it is starting to look like a landslide.

I am sure that I don't have words adequate to the occasion, but here are some.

We can hope that 30 years of right-wing backlash are coming to an end in the United States.

John McCain is giving a gracious concession speech, noting the historic occasion of the election of the country's first African-American president, and urging the country to unite behind him.

Oklahoma is not doing so well. The embarrassing James Inhofe will continue to represent us in the US Senate. McCain carried Oklahoma.

The world is going to be a better place, but we'll have to fight for Oklahoma.

But I'm sitting in the middle of a room of happy lesbians, and nothing can be better than that.

No comments: