Saturday, July 4, 2009

More on President Obama from happening-here?

Here is Part Two of janinsanfran's excellent analysis of the record of the Obama Administration so far. (I linked to Part One yesterday.)

happening-here? is consistently one of my favorite blogs. Not that I agree with everything she has to say. In this second post about the Obama Administration, for instance, she says that a majority of US citizens are so fearful of terrorism that they are willing to accept severe curtailments of civil liberties in order to be "protected." I find myself wondering if maybe most folks are too distracted to pay much attention to political issues. The daily struggle to pay the rent and put food on the table may preoccupy folks so much that they're willing to put up with stuff they would rise up against if they had the time and energy to pay attention.

No comments: