Thursday, July 9, 2009

Is this bad luck or good luck?

 
So, after the healthcare rally, I stopped at the Red Cup for lunch, and I was waiting at the counter for my sandwich, when someone came in and asked, "Is there anyone here who is driving a white Corolla?"
Witnesses told me that the driver of the car that hit me hit a telephone pole first, and then backed into my car. By the time I got out there, someone had already called the police. Soon a police officer came by and got my information and interviewed the driver of the other car. A little bit later, the police officer told me the other driver had failed--I think he called it an "STSI." Probably a sobriety test. The officer said the other driver was going into jail for driving under the influence. I'm sitting here in the Red Cup right now waiting for another officer to come in to talk to me.
So, this kind of sucks, having my car hit. I don't know at this point if it's drivable or not. It will especially suck if the other driver doesn't have insurance. On the other hand, I wasn't in the car when it was hit. And the people who hang out at the Red Cup are the very best. They were all over the situation like white on rice, so if the guy was thinking about hightailing it out of there, he wouldn't have had a chance.
Those of you who know me may remember that something similar happened to me three years ago, when I was sound asleep in my old apartment and a drunken driver totalled my pickup truck. That time they never caught the person.
I think there might be some greater social or political importance in this situation, but I'm not sure what it is.

No comments: