Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A trashy post

 
I've still got to put primer around the edges, windows and doorframes, but I've tested my blue samples, and I think my color scheme is going to work. Meanwhile, I decided that it's getting hot fast and I'd better get going on putting a working air conditioner into my main room. First, I had to get rid of the dead one. With a little help from one of the friendly folks at the collective household up the street, I got the old monster out of the wall and dragged it to the curb.


Within an hour, metal scavengers had taken away the guts of the thing:

 

Shortly thereafter, the outer shell also disappeared. But I had other stuff to put out for Big Trash Day. I'm clearing away overgrown sumacs and birches from along my fence line, and getting rid of the remains of an old sidewalk along the east side of the house so that I can add a much needed French drain.


Not that Paul Bunyan or John Henry will be worried about the competition (yet), but I thought it was pretty good evening's work for a middle-aged woman armed only with a bow saw, some loppers, a shovel, a sledge hammer and a pick.

No comments: