Sunday, January 18, 2009

The pipes are calling

I am having the time of my life with this house, but anyone who might be reading this blog has noted that I'm not able to post as frequently as usual.

This weekend I'm fixing much of my plumbing. Or trying to. I've got about three different plumbing projects going on, and two of them, the further I went, the more complicated they got. If you've ever tried to do any plumbing, I expect you know what I mean. The good news is, I don't think my pipes froze when we had all that cold weather in the middle of the week. At least, I crawled under my house late Wednesday night after work and spent about 2 1/2 hours insulating the pipes, and I think it worked.

I used to have a private joke that I am not a plumber, but I play one on YouTube. Maybe I jinxed myself.

There is lots going on in the world right now. Here in the US, we're about to have a new president. What else is happening? If you've been paying attention, please let me know what's going on, because I'm just trying to keep my head above water here. Almost literally.

2 comments:

tribegirl said...

Just as long as you don't really HAVE a plumber's license. Would so hate to see people mislead on that fact....you know how truthful those conservatives always are.


P.S. Glad that your pipes didn't freeze. I had an outdoor spigot blow off one winter as some genius in the past covered over the access to turn the water supply off to the outdoor spigots. Probably Joe "the unlicensed" Plumber was in my area at the time.

amazon grace said...

Of course, fully licensed tradespeople are quite capable of doing sloppy work. And a careful amateur is capable of doing a good job. The untruthfulness of the "Joe the Plumber" thing wasn't so much about Joe's actual plumbing qualifications. It was about the GOP pretending to promote the needs of ordinary people when it is doing just the opposite.

Thanks for visiting.