Friday, January 2, 2009

May everyone 'neath her vine and fig tree live in peace and unafraid

As best as I can remember, this is the very first time in my life that I've ever replaced a broken window glass. The job I did wasn't pretty, but it worked, and I was thrilled and delighted. I think I'll be able to fix the other three broken windows before I get my gas turned on in my new house next week. Well, it's not at all a new house, but it's new to me.

I wanted to mention that Feminist Peace Network has had three really useful posts on the Israeli attack on Gaza: First, here is a commentary by Starhawk on Gaza. Next, here is a statement by Israeli women's groups. Finally, there's a report on the call by former Rep. Cynthia McKinney (also the recent Green Party candidate for US president) for President-elect Barack Obama to speak out on the situation in Gaza.

And now I'm going to post this before I fall asleep in the middle of my laptop. I've thought about starting a home improvement blog, but I'm not sure I can keep up with this one.

No comments: