Sunday, November 30, 2008

There. I did it.

The first draft of the third novel is finished. I needed 50,000 words by the end of the month, and I got 60,686. Or thereabouts. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but however sloppily, it has a beginning, a middle, and an end. And thus, I am one of the official winners of National Novel Writing Month.

Some of us from the local NaNo writers group are having our wrap party at Sauced, which is one of OKC's great hangout spots. Most of us have already crossed the line, but Jasmine is laboring along at 41, 696 words. She did start and throw away two previous novels this month. This seems to happen to her every year, but she's a genius and also types really fast, so I have every confidence she will win by midnight.

See y'all with regular posts soon:

No comments: